Thursday, April 19, 2018

The Virtue of Humility. Every Day.

The virtue of humility permits us to live before God as we truly are. Humility also is God’s way of making me realize almost every single one of my faults and weaknesses. I’m pretty much living the virtue of humility every day lately. Here’s a few ways how:

1. Subbing at a nearby Catholic school, I joined the faculty for their morning prayer. Why not?!?! During prayer, one teacher announces loudly that she knows me from somewhere. The principal and I look at each other, and he loudly announces, “No, no, Mrs. Brickler is here to sub today!” By the time that teacher got to her classroom after morning prayer, I am confident that she was informed. I smiled and waved warmly during lunchtime. #humility

2. At that same school, the 30 students in my classroom were quite rowdy, and the principal needed to do a few walk throughs to help me out. I used to be good at teaching and classroom management. Perhaps not anymore. #humility

3. Again at that same school I subbed for the better part of a week in the same classroom. Each classroom has spiritually adopted a saint and has the saint painted everywhere etc. The classroom I subbed in had adopted St. Patrick. #humility

4. I attended NCEA and saw many people I knew. The last time I saw them, I had just been hired as principal. I stopped counting after 18 people asked me how my first year as principal was going. #humility

5. I saw the priest who was pastor where I taught last. It was on a Friday during school dismissal, and he wanted to know why I was at his school instead of my own. “Aren’t you a principal somewhere?” #humility

No comments:

Post a Comment